Jinks KUNST, born in Switzerland in 1976, is a self-taught multidisciplinary plastic artist. He diverts road signs, creates realistic paintings using stencils and plays with pixels by making portraits with legos, cigarette filters or even beer capsules.
He is rocked in art by his grandfather, ceramic artist (best in France), poet and inventor. At the end of the 1980s, rap music and culture punctuated his life. He was then challenged by the visual of Mode2 in the skate magazine NoWay, then by the cover of the album “Chromatique”, by the Swiss group Sens Unik, signed by Lazoo from the MAC collective. He begins to sketch graffiti lettering.
Jinks has participated since the early 2000s in exhibitions and events in France and abroad (Switzerland, Italy, England, Cambodia, Benin, Senegal, Nepal, United States…). His works are present in several private collections, and published in ten international books. He travels in order to share and transmit his artistic technique and thus develop the social link around a participatory project.
Jinks participates in many actions such as:
- The realization of a painting in the slum of Sidi Moumen in Casablanca (Morocco) which represents a scene of Moroccan life.
- The collaboration in the Prasad project of the Art Lab association in Katmandu (Nepal) which organizes street art workshops. A fresco, tribute to Mahabir Pun (a Nepalese teacher recognized for his work in installing wifi in remote areas of the Himalayas) closed the event in Beni (Nepal). This is the opportunity for Jinks to make a portrait of 2,5 x 4,3m.
- Organization of the “Djiguene & Goor” voluntary project in Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast and Benin.
- Participation in the Strokar exhibition organized by Fred Atax, at the Vandeborght space in Brussels, alongside Jonone, Kasink, Levalet, Jérome Mesnager, Jef Aérosol ...
- The exhibition of his work at studio 49 in Geneva with Andy Warhol, Taki 183, T-kid, Banksy, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Cope2, Blek Le Rat, Os Gemeos ... Followed by an auction at the Galartis Sales Hotel in Lausanne.
- The production, as part of the Cambodia Urban Art festival in Phnom Penh (Cambodia), of a tribute to the film "Les pépites" by Xavier de Lauzanne, which was shot in the same city. There he meets the director interested in his work.
- Organization of the “Alibi” volunteer project in 2019 in Iraqi Kurdistan and in the refugee camps (Chatila, Bar Elias ...) in Lebanon.
Jinks conducts his artistic projects in France and actively prepares his next actions abroad in collaboration with the association Solid'Art International.
Buy Jinks KUNST artwork: